Bonita Springs Hospice Care is committed to the highest quality of care for patients and families and the highest standards of support and education for our volunteers. Due to the sensitive nature of end-of-life care, volunteers are carefully selected and trained. To get started, we ask the following from all of our volunteers:
- Complete a Volunteer Application. Please mail, fax or scan your completed application to:
- Bonita Springs Hospice Care
- 8545 Monterey Road Unit- B Gilroy, CA 95020
- Attention: Volunteer Coordinator
- Fax: 408-848-1115
- Complete personnel requirements, such as:
- Application and other forms
- Immunization Record – documentation of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) if born in or after 1957.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (two step) – provided as part of volunteer training (basic screening costs covered by Hospice)
- Background Check (costs covered by Hospice)
- Automobile Insurance
- Driver’s License
- If you have experienced a recent loss, we ask that you wait one year before volunteering in homes with patients and families.
- Attend all training sessions for the type of volunteer work you want to do.
After completing personnel file and training sessions, commit to volunteer for a period of weeks, months or years. We work with you and your schedule.
We have opportunities for seasonal, time limited and long term volunteers.